This course of fire has been designed to check the ability of shooters prior to entering a class as well as upon exiting a class to show either deficiencies or proficiencies at the conclusion of the training.
- This drill should be given with no training other than a live fire demo and talk through.
- Starting from low ready or SUL only
- Time: No time limit
- Firearm: Rifle or handgun
- Firearm set up: Load no more than 4 rounds in your firearm. Maintain one additional magazine or reloads with a minimum of 2 rounds
- Score: Time + Score + no safety viloations
- Target: Silhouette
- Additional items: two barricades, cones to mark the course
- Distance to target: 10 yards
- Start: 20-yard -> move to 10 yard Box 1 (for larger classes this can be run from one target and without movement)
- From box one fire 2 rounds from each side of the barricade. During the transition, shooters must come completely off target.
- After your 4 rounds move to box two located 5 yards lateral from box one.
- Reload and fire one round from each side of the barricade in the T-Zone.
Movement: Can you move safely with a loaded firearm? This shows the instructors where they need to work on your basic firearms handling. This also simulates physical stress to the student.
Box 1: This test your target acquisition in rapid succession, while stationary and after moving. This will also determine if you are able to return to your natural point of aim.
Box 2: After simulated physical stress this will show how well you are able to transition from major muscle groups to fine motor skills.